Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Gift Series: Love affair with turquoise

To know me is to know that I have been in love with turquoise (aqua, teal, blue-green) since I first opened my eyes. In the old days (pre-eBay), I had to search musty thrift shops for "1950's collectibles" in order to get my turquoise-fix. But about ten years ago, every retailer and their brother started pouring out everything-aqua. While part of me was so excited to see my color so readily available, another part of me realized that my lifelong collection of hard-to-finds became a bunch of chipped old junk. Now that the world can easily access the blue-green color that speaks to me so beautifully...  give the gift of turquoise!  (resource links below)

New and vintage gifties:

1 comment:

  1. I love turquoise! It seems right at any time of year...and that Stuart Moore ring is oh-so-chic.

    ReplyDelete