Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm back on the Rebound ~ how 'bout you?

My blog isn't really the place to come for athletic-inspired discussions, trust me, but I feel compelled to praise the benefits of rebounding (jumping on a mini-trampoline). I used to do it in college when I needed a break from my design projects- I would put on my leotard and leg-warmers, blast some New Wave music and jump like crazy. It's aerobic- providing oxygen to your body; it's low-impact- won't damage your joints; and it's been described by NASA as the most efficient workout around. Here are some of the health benefits associated with rebounding:
- Boosts energy levels
- Strengthens and drains the lymphatic system- (This is HUGE- Read more)
- Opens up and supports all elimination routes
- Increases the functionality of the lungs and heart
- Improves circulation of oxygen to organs
- Strengthens the immune system
- Lowers cholesterol
- Aids in digestion and massages the bowels
- Slows the aging process- NICE!!!
- Enhances metabolism
- Reduces stress and anxiety... and it's fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment