Monday, October 1, 2012

Barn Modern ~ simple, country, with an edge.

As I renovate a property in the Sonoma wine country, folks have been asking, "What style are you going for?".  Country Style? Not really. Rustic Modern? Not quite. I have heard the words Sonoma Style, but I decided to come up with my own term, Barn Modern...exposed beams on high ceilings, gooseneck lamps, galvanized steel, beadboard set horizontally, open cabinetry ... combined with modern conveniences like microwave drawer and espresso station, lots of glass and an unexpected color. Simplistic country rooms with an edge. (oh, and the heehaw of a few mules who live next door)

1 comment:

  1. Some have you have suggested that this style is Rustic Modern--- while I love RM, I see this particular style as more "country".
    Will be excited to post pix when it is completed. Jo

    ReplyDelete